Article 1 definitions
In this office complaints procedure, the following definitions shall apply:
- Complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client against the lawyer or the persons working under his or her responsibility about the conclusion and the performance of a contract for professional services, the quality of the services or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Dutch Law on Advocates;
- Complainant: the client or his or her representative who makes a complaint;
- Complaints officer, the lawyer in charge of complaint management;
Article 2 scope of application
1. This office complaints procedure applies to every contract for professional services between Groenendijk & Kloppenburg advocaten and the client.
2. All lawyers at Groenendijk & Kloppenburg advocaten are responsible for handling complaints in accordance with this office complaints procedure.
Article 3 objectives
The objective of this office complaints procedure is:
a. to establish a procedure for handling clients’ complaints constructively and within a reasonable time;
b. to establish a procedure for determining the causes of clients’ complaints;
c. to maintain and improve current relationships by way of good complaints management;
d. to train staff to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
e. to further improve the quality of the services based on complaints management and complaints analysis.
Article 4 information at the start of services
1. This office complaints procedure has been made public via the website of Groenendijk & Kloppenburg advocaten. Prior to or on the commencement of the contract for professional services the lawyer draws the client’s attention to the fact that the office has an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the services.
2. Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this office complaints procedure that have not been resolved after handling will be submitted to the competent court or the Dutch Foundation for Complaints (Geschillencommissie Advocatuur consumenten en advocatuur zakelijk).
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
1. If a client submits a complaint to the office the complaint is forwarded to Dick Poot, who will handle it as complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer informs the person to whom the complaint relates about the complaint that has been submitted and gives the complainant and the person to whom the complaint relates the opportunity to provide an explanation of the complaint.
3. The person to whom the complaint relates and the client seek to resolve the complaint together with or without the mediation of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer handles the complaint within four weeks of the complaint being submitted or informs the client that this term will be deviated from, stating reasons and the term within which an opinion will be given regarding the complaint.
5. The complaints officer informs the complainant and the person to whom the complaint relates in writing about the opinion regarding the merits of the complaint, possibly attaching recommendations.
6. If the complaint is resolved satisfactorily the complainant, the complaints officer and the person to whom the complaint relates sign the opinion regarding the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and handling complaints free of charge
1. The complaints officer and the person to whom the complaint relates observe confidentiality when handling complaints.
2. The complainant is not required to reimburse the cost of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibility
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the prompt handling of the complaint.
2. The person to whom the complaint relates keeps the complaints officer informed about any contact and a potential solution.
3. The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer updates the complaints file.
Article 8 complaints registration
1. The complaints officer keeps an overview of all complaints that are submitted, stating the subject of the complaint.